4 tsp olive oil
8 slices whole grain bread
4 oz pepper jack or mozzarella cheese, sliced
8 oz roast turkey, sliced
1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce, strained if runny
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Place 2 slices of bread in pan and top with one-quarter of the cheese and half of the turkey.
3. Spread half of the sauce over turkey and top with another quarter of the cheese and slice of bread.
4. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
5. Remove from pan, add another teaspoon oil, and cook second side until toasted, about 3 minutes.
6. Repeat for remaining 2 sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 414.1 cal
Fat 16.1 g
Saturated Fat 6.2 g
Cholesterol 77.1 mg
Sodium 425.5 mg
Carbohydrates 36.5 g
Total Sugars 11.8 g
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
Protein 31 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.