- 3 small eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat a covered grill to medium-high.
2. With a small, sharp knife, cut a grid of 1/2" squares on the cut side of each eggplant half, as close to the skin as possible without cutting through. Scoop out the f lesh of each eggplant and place in a medium bowl. Add the cheese, bread crumbs, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix. Stuff the mixture tightly into each eggplant half. Drizzle with the oil.
3. Place the eggplant halves in a disposable aluminum foil pan. Set on the grill. Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the eggplant is soft and the top is golden and crisp.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 150.4 cal
Fat 6.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 243.5 mg
Carbohydrates 21.2 g
Total Sugars 7.5 g
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
Protein 5.2 g