Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Total: 15 min
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets (7 ounces each), each 3/4"-1" thick
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Broil the salmon instead of grilling it. Substitute red snapper, bass, or flounder for the salmon. Eliminate the sour cream and add 2 tablespoons more yogurt. Add 1/4 of a peeled, seeded, and finely chopped small cucumber (1 1/2 ounces) to the sauce.
1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, cilantro, mint, salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper, and the red pepper (if using).
2. Coat a grill rack with organic cooking spray. Preheat the grill. Brush the fish with the oil, and season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Place the salmon on the rack and cook until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is completely opaque but still juicy, 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve topped with the mint-cilantro yogurt.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 180.8 cal
Fat 11.2 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 53.4 mg
Sodium 132.3 mg
Carbohydrates 1 g
Total sugars 0.9 g
Dietary fiber 0 g
Protein 17.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.