- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
1. Coat a grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler. Rub the pork with the salt and pepper.
2. Stir together the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, cilantro, pepper, lime juice, and cumin in a medium bowl.
3. Grill or broil the pork for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reaches 155°F and the juices run clear. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Place the sliced pork on warm tortillas and top with salsa.
Corn tortillas can be difficult to warm without having them fall apart. For perfect tortillas every time, wrap them in white paper towels and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 4.7 g
Saturated fat: 1.1 g
Cholesterol: 73.7 mg
Sodium: 704.6 mg
Carbohydrates: 48.8 g
Total sugars: 4.8 g
Dietary fiber: 10.2 g
Protein: 33.5 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.