- 6 red or purple plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- vanilla ice cream (about 1 1/2 pints)
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup purchased caramel sauce, warmed
1. Cut two large sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place plums in the center of one; blackberries, in the center of the other.
2. Dot fruit with butter and seal into large pouches, leaving a small tent above each to allow fruit to steam.
3. Place to the side of low coals and let warm about 30 minutes so that the berries cook slightly.
4. Transfer berries to a large bowl and lightly mash. Place scoops of ice cream in 6 bowls. Top with spoonfuls of berries and plums. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs, drizzle with caramel sauce, and serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 270.3 cal
Fat 10.8 G
Saturated Fat 6.1 g
Cholesterol 35.3 mg
Sodium 129.9 mg
Carbohydrates 42.1 g
Total Sugars 29 g
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
Protein 4.2 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.