Prep: 16 min
Cook: 10 min
Total: 26 min
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for garnish
- chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and black pepper
- canola oil
- 2 large mahimahi fillets (1 1/2 lb total)
- 1 tbsp blackening spice
- 8 corn tortillas
2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1. Mix the mango, avocado, onion, and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl. Season with cilantro, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat a grill or stovetop grill pan until hot. Drizzle a light coating of oil over the fish and rub on the blackening spice. Cook the fish, undisturbed, for 4 minutes. Carefully flip with a spatula and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove.
3. Warm the tortillas on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes or wrap in damp paper towels and microwave for 1 minute until warm and pliable.
4. Break the fish into chunks and divide among the warm tortillas. Top with the cabbage and the mango salsa. Serve with the lime wedges.
No ripe mangoes at the supermarket? Both pineapple and peaches would make perfect substitutes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 405.1 cal
Fat 11.3 g
Saturated fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 124.2 mg
Sodium 614.5 mg
Carbohydrates 42.6 g
Total sugars 10.2 g
Dietary fiber 8.1 g
Protein 36.5 g