- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 anchovies (soak in milk for 10 minutes if you want to mellow the flavor)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 turns of a black-pepper mill 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 hearts of romaine
- 2 english muffins, split
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz each)
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup black or green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
1. Preheat the grill. Combine all the dressing ingredients except the oil in a food processor and pulse to blend. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
2. Cut the romaine down the middle lengthwise, leaving the root end intact so the leaves hold together. Brush the romaine, English muffins, and chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When the grill is hot, add the chicken and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side until firm and caramelized. Remove the chicken and allow to rest.
3. Place the lettuce and English muffins on the grill. Cook the lettuce for 1 to 2 minutes, just enough to lightly char and wilt the leaves. Cook the English muffins until brown and crispy.
4. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Cut the muffins into bite-size pieces. Arrange both, along with the olives and sundried tomatoes, over the individual lettuce halves. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 488.9 cal
Fat 33.6 g
Saturated Fat 5.5 g
Cholesterol 56.4 mg
Sodium 532.6 mg
Carbohydrates 21.3 g
Total Sugars 4 g
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
Protein 26.1 g