Prep: 6 min
Cook: 19 min
Total: 25 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 lbs green beans, trimmed
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. While water is heating, pour olive oil into a large saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and saute until shallots are soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir well.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Add green beans to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Toss beans with shallot mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 102.3 cal
Fat 6.9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.8 mg
Carbohydrates 9.8 g
Total Sugars 1.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
Protein 2.4 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.