- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1 large russet (baking) potato, peeled and sliced
- 4 large kale leaves, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a saucepan, combine beans, potato, kale, and stock and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat. Cook uncovered until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer contents of saucepan to a blender and add Parmesan and olive oil.
3. Puree until as smooth as you prefer.
4. Serve warm.
Makes four 1/2-cup servings or two 1-cup servings.
Recipe from Start Fresh, by Tyler Florence.