- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, small dice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated on microplane
- 11⁄2 cups gooseberries, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the ginger and gooseberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the brown sugar, sugar, cider vinegar, curry powder, and salt. Lower the heat to medium and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve alongside duck, goose, pork, or any other gamey meat.
Makes 1 cup (serves 4 as a condiment)