1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8" round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour, pastry flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix the oil and molasses.
4. In a 2-cup glass measure, mix the water and baking soda. Whisk into the molasses mixture.
5. Gradually whisk in the flour mixture. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and sugar. Pour into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on the rack to cool completely.
7. Place the cream and preserves in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until soft peaks form. Serve over wedges of the cake.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 251.9 cal
Fat 14.3 g
Saturated fat 3.8 g
Cholesterol 57.9 mg
Sodium 255.8 mg
Carbohydrates 28.8 g
Total sugars 12.7 g
Dietary fiber 2.5 g
Protein 3.9 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Mitch Mandel