Prep: 17 min
Cook: 18 min
Total: 35 min
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 10 minutes, or until softened when pierced with the tip of a knife. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a small bowl.
- Add the beans to the water. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the beans are crisp-tender. Drain and return the beans to the pot.
- Mash the garlic with a fork. Stir in the lemon juice, oil, and pepper. Pour over the beans and toss to coat.
To easily remove the skin from a clove of garlic, cut the root end off and firmly press (or carefully smash) the flat side of a wide knife blade down on the clove. The skin will loosen and the clove will easily slip out.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 54.4 cal
Fat 1.3 g
Saturated fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.7 mg
Carbohydrates 10.3 g
Total sugars 1.8 g
Dietary fiber 4 g
Protein 2.4 g
This recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Recipe Finder.