3/4 lb trimmmed asparagus
3 oz goat cheese or part-skim ricotta
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp heavy cream
5 pepperoncini, rinsed, seeded, and chopped
3/4 lb gemelli or rotini
10 oz thawed frozen sweet peas
5 oz copped baby arugula
1 cup sliced radishes
1 cup chopped chives
1. Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling water until tender, 3 minutes.
2. Transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water, reserving cooking water (do not empty pot).
3. Drain cooled asparagus and cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
4. Whisk cheese, oil, juice, cream, and 1/2 cup of the cooking water in large bowl. Stir in pepperoncini.
5. Return water in pot to a boil.
6. Add pasta and cook per package directions, stirring in peas during last minute of cooking time.
7. Drain in colander and add to bowl with asparagus, arugula, radishes, and chives.
8. Toss until just combined. Season.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 15.5 g
Saturated fat: 4.8 g
Cholesterol: 13.4 mg
Sodium: 255.6 mg
Carbohydrates: 52.9 g
Total sugars: 5.7 g
Dietary fiber: 5.5 g
Protein: 14.3 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.