- 2 tablespoon Salute Sante! Merlot grapeseed oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups shelled edamame (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1. In a large saucepan, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the edamame and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the water, tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, and cumin. Stir and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 6 minutes.
2. Transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor and process until you have a thick, crumbly puree. You can keep this warm in a pot on the stove until ready to serve, or serve at room temperature.
Makes 6 to 8 servings as a side dish.
Originally Published in Organic Gardening Magazine, February/March 2014.
Photo: Matthew Benson