- 2 whole wheat pitas (6"), split horizontally in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces precooked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 chili powder
- optional 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Arrange the pita halves rough side up on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil on each. Use the back of a spoon to spread the oil evenly to the edges. Top each with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, 2 tablespoons cheese, one-fourth of the chicken, and one-fourth of the scallions. Sprinkle with chili powder, if desired. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
3. *Limit saturated fat to no more than 10 percent of total calories—about 17 grams per day for most women or 21 grams for most men—and sodium intake to no more than 2,300 milligrams.
Make It A Flat Belly Diet Meal: A single serving of this recipe counts as a Flat Belly Diet Meal without any add-ons!
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 410 cal
Fat 18.3 g
Saturated Fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 53.2 mg
Sodium 733.5 mg
Carbohydrates 38.8 g
Total Sugars 10.2 g
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
Protein 24 g