- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup Donegal rapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 ounces capers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch of arugula (also known as rocket)
- 24 large dry diver scallops
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard to make a salad dressing. Set aside.
3. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until tender. Drain and toss into a food processor. Add the cumin, butter, and cream and pulse until smooth. Place in a small pot. Check the seasoning and keep warm.
4. Slice the warm potatoes and add them to the dressing. Add the capers, onion, parsley, and arugula and toss to mix.
5. Heat a large frying pan and add some oil. Add the scallops and sear on medium to high heat until nicely browned on each side.
6. Serve immediately by placing some potato salad in the center of the plate with six little dollops of cauliflower puree around the salad. Place a scallop over each dollop of puree and serve.
Lke this recipe? Try these too: