Prep: 15 min
Cook: 8 min
Total: 23 min
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 teaspoon organic virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup tart dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked skinless dark-meat chicken
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Toast pine nuts in a 400°F oven for 2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Add couscous, salt, curry powder, cinnamon, and cherries. Stir well. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
4. While couscous mixture is steaming, heat chicken in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50 percent power until just warmed. Fluff cooked couscous with a fork. Add chicken, scallions, and toasted pine nuts; toss well.
Try this recipe for Roast Chicken if you don't have any already made.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 401 cal
Fat 15.8 g
Saturated fat 3 g
Cholesterol 66.5 mg
Sodium 332.2 mg
Carbohydrates 41.1 g
Total sugars 9 g
Dietary fiber 9.1 g
Protein 24.7 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Con Poulos