- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 1/2 cups sliced, cleaned leeks (white and pale-green parts from 1 1/2 lb whole leeks)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere
- 1 tsp minced garlic
1. Cook 2 slices bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, crumble, and reserve.
2. Wipe fat from skillet, add 2 tsp olive oil, and heat over medium heat.
3. Add 4 1/2 cups sliced, cleaned leeks (white and pale-green parts from 1 1/2 lb whole leeks) and cook, stirring, until very tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add 1/4 cup half-and-half and bring to a simmer. Transfer to broiler-safe gratin dish.
5. Toss together 3/4 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs, 3/4 cup grated Gruyere, and 1 tsp minced garlic. Sprinkle over leeks and broil 8" from heat until crumbs are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Top with crumbled bacon.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 230.4 cal
Fat 12.9 g
Saturated Fat 5.9 g
Cholesterol 75.1 mg
Sodium 264 mg
Carbohydrates 14.5 g
Total Sugars 3.4 g
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
Protein 14.6 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.