1. To make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8" round cake pan with cooking spray. Line the pan bottom with a round of wax paper, and coat the wax paper with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk, beat the eggs, egg whites, oil, yogurt, orange peel, and juice. (The mixture may look curdled.) Add to the cornmeal, and stir just until blended. Place in the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until browned and firm, and a wooden pick inserted off center comes out clean.
5. Cool in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes. Loosen the edge, and turn the cake out onto the rack. Peel off the wax paper, and let the cake cool completely.
6. To make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, wine, and juice. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
7. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until the blueberries are tender and the sauce is thick.
8. Place the sauce in a bowl, partially cover, and let it cool. Serve with the cake.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 183 cal
Fat 6 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg
Sodium 173.2 mg
Carbohydrates 29 g
Total sugars 16.6 g
Dietary fiber 1.8 g
Protein 3.6 g
This recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.