Prep: 12 min
Cook: 15 min
Total: 37 min
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. With a pastry blender or two knives scissor fashion, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the orange zest and chocolate chips.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1/4 cup of the cream. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix just to combine. Do not overmix.
4. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and pat into a round about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges. Brush with the remaining 2 teaspoons cream.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 255 cal
Fat 14.3 g
Saturated fat 8.7 g
Cholesterol 61.3 mg
Sodium 239.4 mg
Carbohydrates 28.7 g
Total sugars 7.7 g
Dietary fiber 1.1 g
Protein 4 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder