Prep: 7 min
Cook: 15 min
Total: 1hr 22min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, green parts only, cut into 4" lengths
- 1 rib celery, trimmed and cut into 2" lengths
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups peas, fresh or (thawed) frozen
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves + extra for garnish
- ground black pepper
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1. Place the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, celery, and onion. Cook, stirring, about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables soften.
2. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the peas and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Carefully transfer the mixture to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade or a blender (in batches, if necessary). Add the mint. Season to taste with pepper. Puree until smooth. Chill 1 hour. Serve with yogurt in center, and garnish with mint leaves if desired.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 192.6 cal
Fat 4.9 g
Saturated fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg
Sodium 299.5 mg
Carbohydrates 25.7 g
Total sugars 11.7 g
Dietary fiber 7.1 g
Protein 12.7 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.