Total: 1hr 10min
- 4 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cucumbers (12 ounces), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1. Place the yogurt in a large bowl and gradually whisk in the oil. Whisk in the vinegar and enough of the cold water to make a somewhat thick mixture. Stir in half of the cucumbers, the scallions, the salt, and the pepper. Puree in a blender or food processor. Transfer back into the bowl and stir in the remaining cucumbers. Refrigerate until well-chilled, at least 1 hour.
2. Serve the chilled soup sprinkled with the walnuts (if using) and the dill.
Just before serving, lightly sprinkle with ground cumin.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 251.9 Cal
Fat 16.6 G
Saturated Fat 3.7 G
Cholesterol 11 Mg
Sodium 326.6 Mg
Carbohydrates 16 G
Total Sugars 14.8 G
Dietary Fiber 0.8 G
Protein 10.5 G
Recipe courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.