- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp peanut or canola oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped (see recipe tip below)
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- black pepper to taste
1. Marinate the chicken: Combine the chicken pieces, cornstarch, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a mixing bowl, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Stir-fry the vegetables:
3. In a wok or large skillet, heat the peanut or canola oil on high. Add the onion and ginger and cook until the onion is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the peas and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken with its marinade, and stir-fry until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
4. Finish the dish: Add the mango, chili garlic sauce, and pepper. Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the mango becomes saucy, about 1 minute more. Serve over brown rice.
Don't mangle the mango
Set the mango on its narrow side. Start at the top, placing your knife about 1/2 inch from the center, and cut down to remove the fruit's wide sides. Then trim around the pit.
Using a paring knife or the tip of a chef's knife to crosshatch the fruit's flesh, being careful not to slice through the skin.
Push the skin inside out so the flesh protrudes in cubes. Then cut off the cubes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 354.7 cal
Saturated fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 235.5 mg
Carbohydrates 18.9 g
Total sugars 0 g
Dietary fiber 2.6 g
Protein 31.5 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.