1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes
1 cup fat-free plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 small cucumber, peeled and shredded
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon honey
1 pound broccoli florets, separated into 24 large florets
2 medium red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1. Coat a grill rack or broiler pan with organic cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, garam masala, turmeric, pepper, and 4 tablespoons of the lime juice. Add the chicken, tossing to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut, cucumber, mint, salt, honey, and remaining lime juice. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Steam the broccoli for 2 minutes or until bright green. Thread the marinated chicken cubes on eight 12-inch metal or presoaked bamboo skewers, alternating with onion wedges and broccoli florets.
5. Grill or broil 6" from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and the chicken is no longer pink.
6. Serve with the yogurt mixture.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 330 cal
Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 99.9 mg
Sodium 325.6 mg
Carbohydrates 20.5 g
Total Sugars 6.9 g
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
Protein 46.4 g
For more great recipes, check out the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.