- 1 cup fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Whisk together the yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the dill, scallions, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, for 4 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to release their juices.
4. Serve the tenders with 1/4 cup dill sauce and 1/4 cup chunky tomato sauce per serving.
MAKE IT A FLAT BELLY DIET MEAL: Serve with 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat couscous (70). Total meal: 402 calories
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 327 cal
Fat 16 g
Saturated fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 83.5 mg
Sodium 276.6 mg
Carbohydrates 9.2 g
Total sugars 5.8 g
Dietary fiber 1.3 g
Protein 36.2 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Con Poulos