- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 links sweet low-fat Italian chicken or turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 cups (2 quarts) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low-carb elbow pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add the zucchini, celery, and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until just tender. Add the tomato sauce, spinach, beans, and broth.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the pasta.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 340.8 cal
Fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 17.4 mg
Sodium 324.7 mg
Carbohydrates 47.1 g
Total sugars 6 g
Dietary fiber 5 g
Protein 20.4 g
Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Catherine Sears