- 3 tbsp golden raisins
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup olive-oil mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves (romaine, iceberg, or anything else)
- 8 slices whole-grain bread or English muffin halves, toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
Directions 1. Cover the raisins with hot water and soak for at least 10 minutes (the warm water will help the raisins plump up); drain and place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, celery, onion, carrot, curry powder, and mayonnaise. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the lettuce leaves on top of 4 bread slices, then top with tomatoes, chicken salad, and the remaining bread.
Recipe Notes: From both a flavor and a nutritional standpoint, spices need to be replaced every 6 months to a year.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 464.2 cal
Fat 16.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 94.3 mg
Sodium 660 mg
Carbohydrates 40.1 g
Total Sugars 13.8 g
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
Protein 39.9 g