- 1 bottle (8 oz) mole negro sauce
- About 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (store-bought rotisserie chicken works well)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin rings
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the mole and enough broth to thin it out to the consistency of ranch dressing (bottled moles vary in concentration). Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, adding more broth as you need it.
2. Heat the chicken in the microwave on 50% power for about a minute. Add a few tablespoons of the mole and toss to evenly coat the chicken with a thin layer of the sauce.
3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet or saute pan over medium heat. When hot, toast the tortillas individually until pliable and lightly browned on the surface. Immediately place a scoop of the chicken in the center of each tortilla and roll like a burrito (they should be well filled but not overflowing with chicken). Serve topped with a few tablespoons of mole sauce, a sprinkle of cheese, and onion rings.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 498 cal
Fat 15.9 g
Saturated Fat 3.5 g
Cholesterol 129.5 mg
Sodium 278.1 mg
Carbohydrates 33.2 g
Total Sugars 1.2 g
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
Protein 54.4 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.