- 2 tsp peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced gingerroot
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked skinless dark-meat chicken
- 2 tbsp low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
1. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and gingerroot and saute for 1 minute. Add water chestnuts and cook 1 more minute.
2. Add chicken, broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper; stir well. Add rice and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
3. Divide chicken mixture equally among lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Fat: 14.6 g
Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 66.5 mg
Sodium: 344.2 mg
Carbohydrates: 57.8 g
Total Sugars: 3.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.9 g
Protein: 25.1 g
Courtest of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.