- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Place the crumbs on a plate and season those, too. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then toss in the crumbs, being sure to coat fully.
3. Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet coated with organic cooking spray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumbs have browned and the chicken is firm.
4. Combine the mustard, chipotle, and honey in a large bowl. Toss the cooked chicken tenders in the mixture so they are all evenly coated with the spicy-sweet sauce.
This dish is perfect for chicken finger-loving kids. Just be sure to cut the chiles from the sauce.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 250.8 cal
Fat 0.8 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg
Sodium 386.2 mg
Carbohydrates 29.5 g
Total sugars 5.2 g
Dietary fiber 1.1 g
Protein 32.1 g
Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Mitch Mandel