1. Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork. Add the tomato, basil, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally by slicing parallel to the work surface. Pound lightly to an even thickness and season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
5. Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the broth and cook, scraping the bottom to incorporate any browned bits, until the mixture boils and reduces slightly. Serve the cutlets topped with the reserved avocado mixture and bacon bits. Drizzle with the pan juices.
Serve with Smashed Potatoes Total meal: 443 calories
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 218.6 cal
Fat 9.5 g
Saturated fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 71.2 mg
Sodium 362.2 mg
Carbohydrates 4.2 g
Total sugars 0.7 g
Dietary fiber 2.7 g
Protein 28.8 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: Con Poulos