- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 6 oz chorizo, linguica, or hot Italian sausage, cut into 1 1/2" lengths
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2"-wide strips
- 1 med onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or put through garlic press
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Chill 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Heat grill to medium. Thread chicken and sausage onto skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until chicken is just done, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, grill peppers and onion until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Serve skewers with the peppers and onion.
Grilling Gear- We're fans of the the grill basket for keeping small ingredients like cut-up vegetables out of the fire, but many outdoor cooks prefer the ease of a vegetable grill grate, which works too.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 366.4 cal
Fat 22.9 g
Saturated fat 7.2 g
Cholesterol 78.5 mg
Sodium 576 mg
Carbohydrates 10.8 g
Total sugars 5.1 g
Dietary fiber 2.4 g
Protein 28.1 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: John Kernick