- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. HEAT the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add the kielbasa, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and thyme.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the broth, tomatoes, chicken, and hot pepper sauce.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, until thickened and the chicken is cooked through, about 28 to 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions.
9. Serve over the brown rice.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 377.4 cal
Fat 13.2 g
Saturated fat 3.2 g
Cholesterol 74.4 mg
Sodium 592.3 mg
Carbohydrates 37.3 g
Total sugars 6.6 g
Dietary fiber 4.6 g
Protein 25.3 g
Courtesy of the Rodale Recipe Finder.