Total: 1hr 10min
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2" cubes
- 4 tablespoons organic olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces chicken tenders, cut into 1/2" strips
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups torn spinach
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
If you don't have an ovenproof skillet or for a special presentation, you may transfer the hot mixture to a 10" baking dish. Continue cooking as instructed. To make ahead, assemble the dish and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Increase the baking time to 45 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the potatoes in a steamer basket set in a pan of boiling water over medium heat. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until very tender. Place in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Mash until smooth.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
4. Stir in the green beans, mushrooms, spinach, sour cream, pepper, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
5. Cover with the mashed potatoes. Bake for 35 minutes, or until hot in the center. Turn the oven to broil and broil 4" to 6" from the heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the tops of the potatoes are browned.
Nutritional facts per serving
Calories 359.7 cal
Fat 15.2 g
Saturated fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 50.6 mg
Sodium 545.3 mg
Carbohydrates 31.5 g
Total sugars 5.1 g
Dietary fiber 5.9 g
Protein 27 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder
Photo: John Kernick