Cook: 20 min
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups dried cherries, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and almond extract. Gradually beat in the oat mixture. Stir in the cherries.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2" apart onto 2 ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a rack for 2 minutes. Remove from the sheet and place on the rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 105.8 cal
Fat 3.7 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 17.2 mg
Sodium 33.2 mg
Carbohydrates 16.6 g
Total sugars 9 g
Dietary fiber 2.3 g
Protein 1.7 g
Photo: Mitch Mandel
Recipe courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder