- Raw sugar (or colored sugar)
- 9 lollipop sticks (available at craft stores)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 8 teaspoons raspberry jelly
- 24 cherries from a 24-ounce jar of sour cherries in syrup (I used Marco Polo brand), drained
- 24 bittersweet chocolate chips
- Piecrust for a 9-inch double-crust pie (either homemade or purchased)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a 3-inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out 16 circles from pie dough. Reserve the remaining dough for another use.
2. Insert one chocolate chip into each of the sour cherries. Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry jelly in the center of 8 of the dough circles. Place 3 chocolate-stuffed cherries on top of the jelly. Place a lollipop stick horizontally so the top is in center of the tart. Brush the edges of the 8 cherry-topped circles with egg white. Top with the remaining dough circles; use a fork or a spare lollipop stick to seal the edges. Brush the tops with egg white and sprinkle with raw sugar.
3. Bake on a parchment-lined sheet until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on racks.