- 12 ounces penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vermouth or white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 10 large kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare the penne according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the stewed tomatoes (with juice), wine, and basil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the cooked penne, olives, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Place in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 563.6 cal
Fat 13.5 g
Saturated fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 22.5 mg
Sodium 952.1 mg
Carbohydrates 86.1 g
Total sugars 16.1 g
Dietary fiber 6.1 g
Protein 23.5 g