- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh chorizo
- 4 tablespoons cooked chickpeas
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of chile flakes, to taste
1. Warm 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small nonstick omelet pan or skillet. Add the onion and sausage and cook over medium heat until the onion is lightly golden and fat runs from the chorizo. Add the chickpeas and stir for a few minutes.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the salt, pepper, and chile flakes. Add the contents of the skillet and mix to combine. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and heat the rest of the oil. Pour in the egg mixture, stir to blend ingredients, and wait for the eggs to set up. Heat should be at medium-low and the sides should pull away from the pan a bit when the egg mixture has set (it shouldn't be too runny at this point). Turn over onto a dinner plate, soft-side-down.
3. Slide the egg tortilla, soft-side-down, back into the hot pan (add a drizzle of oil first, if necessary) to allow it to cook on the other side for a few minutes. Be gentle with this process. Total cooking time should not be more than 10 minutes.
For more delicious tapas recipes check out our Spanish Red Onion and Orange Salad, Mushrooms with Garlic and Parsley Sauce, Festive Sangria, and Apple Plum Brandy Cake!