Prep: 8 min
Cook: 12 min
Total: 20 min
- 1 container (14 ounces) firm light tofu
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Place the tofu on a paper towel set on a dinner plate. Top with a second paper towel and another dinner plate. Place a can or other similar weight on the upper plate and leave for 20 minutes to press excess water from the tofu.
2. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water
to a boil. Combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
3. Add the broccoli to the boiling water, return to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, or until bright green. Drain and set aside.
4. Transfer the tofu to a cutting board and cut into 1/2" to 3/4" cubes. Heat 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer the tofu to a plate and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the skillet. Add the pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the broccoli and tofu, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, or until hot. Stir the soy sauce mixture to recombine and add to the skillet along with the cashews. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions. Serve over the rice.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 386.4 cal
Fat 15.2 g
Saturated fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 331 mg
Carbohydrates 48.8 g
Total sugars 11.8 g
Dietary fiber 6.4 g
Protein 16.7 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.