Prep: 5 min
Cook: 6 min
Total: 11 min
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup diced mango
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, too taste
- 4 mahi mahi, red snapper, sea bass, or halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
1. Mix the blueberries, mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Don't worry about crushing the blueberries; you want to release the juice. Set aside.
2. Lightly oil a grill pan or skillet and place over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place, skin side down, in the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the skin is lightly charred and crispy.
3. Turn and sear for another 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Avoid overcooking; the fish should flake easily with a gentle touch of a fork.
4. Top each piece of fish with the blueberry mixture.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 2.2 g
Saturated fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 106.6 mg
Sodium: 274.4 m
Total sugars: 5.7 g
Dietary fiber: 0.7 g
Protein: 27.2 g
Courtesy of Rodale's Healthy Recipe Finder.