- 3 slices bacon
- 2 pt cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella, diced
- 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 lb chiocciole or rigatoni
- 3/4 cup small basil leaves
1. Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and break into bite-size pieces.
2. Stir together tomatoes, cheese, vinegar, oil, and garlic in large serving bowl.
3. Cook pasta per package directions. Drain and immediately add to serving bowl with three-quarters of the basil.
4. Toss until well combined and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with bacon and remaining basil.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 14.7 g
Saturated fat: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 17.9 mg
Sodium: 203.5 mg
Carbohydrates: 47.4 g
Total sugars: 4.3 g
Dietary fibers: 3.1 g
Protein: 14.7 g
Courtesy of Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.