- 6 cups blackberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- (about 3–4 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons minced dried
- lavender flowers
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons real-fruit instant
1. In a large bowl, combine blackberries, lemon juice, lavender, and salt, and stir to
mix. Mash with a potato masher just until the blackberries start to release juice but
are still in chunks.
2. In a separate bowl, stir sugar and instant pectin until well blended. Add to blackberry mixture and stir for 3 minutes until sugar dissolves.
3. Pour into clean jars or freezer containers, leaving 3/4 inch of space at top to allow jam to expand in freezer. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours until set. Store refrigerated for up to 3 weeks or in freezer up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator when ready to use.
4. Variations: Try different combinations, like Peach Vanilla or Plum Pepper.
Makes about 5 (8-ounce) jars