- 1 tablespoon lime juice or vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 to 19 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1/4 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, quartered
1. Place the lime juice or vinegar in a large bowl and gradually whisk in the oil. Stir in the beans, bell pepper, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper (if using).
2. Taste and add more lime juice or vinegar if you like. Stir in the cilantro.
3. Place the avocado, cavities up, on 4 plates
4. Spoon the bean mixture into the cavities so it overflows onto the plate.
Make the bean salad up to 5 days ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Cut the avocado just before serving to minimize the darkening that occurs when avocado is exposed to air.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
Fat: 12.6 g
Saturated fat: 1.7 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 346.8 mg
Carbohydrates: 23.2 g
Total sugars: 4 g
Dietary fiber: 8.2 g
Protein: 6.2 g