- 2 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat three 8" round cake pans with organic cooking spray. Dust with flour to coat; shake out any excess.
2. In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the walnuts, white chocolate morsels, biscuit mix, and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Process for about 2 minutes, or until the nuts are finely ground. Add the eggs. Process for about 1 minute, or until smooth. Pour into the prepared pans, spreading evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the torte springs back when lightly pressed. Let stand on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn the layers onto a rack to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and the remaining 3 3/4 cups of sugar. Blend on low speed for about 1 minute, or until moistened. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes longer, or until smooth and fluffy. Add up to 1 tablespoon more lemon juice, if needed, to make a spreadable frosting. Frost the torte between layers and on the top but not on the sides.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 603.7 cal
Fat 35.2 g
Saturated fat 11.8 g
Cholesterol 156.7 mg
Sodium 143.8 mg
Carbohydrates 69.2 g
Total sugars 64.3 g
Dietary fiber 1.8 g
Protein 9.2 g
Healthy Recipe Courtesy of Rodale Recipe Finder.
Photo: Mitch Mandel