1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, flaxseed, and salt. Whisk to mix. Add the berries and stir to coat.
3. In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, sugar, oil, and almond extract. With a fork, beat until smooth.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the berry mixture and gently mix with a fork to moisten the dry ingredients. Don't overmix (a few lumps in the batter are normal). Dollop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes on a rack before serving.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 206.6 cal
Fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 36.9 mg
Sodium 251.2 mg
Carbohydrates 28.1 g
Total sugars 13.4 g
Dietary fiber 3.1 g
Protein 4.6 g
This recipe is courtesy of the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.