Samuel Adams® Summer Ale Urban Clambake
Recipe by Food Network Star’s Chef Michele Ragussis
6 to 8 servings
4 lobsters (1 pound each)
5 pounds steamer clams
3 yellow onions
4 cloves Garlic
6 ears of corn
12 small potatoes
1 pound Portuguese sausage (or chorizo)
1 pound hotdogs
3 bottles of Samuel Adams Summer Ale
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Rockweed seaweed (optional)
1. Before beginning, make sure all clams are scrubbed clean.
2. On the stovetop, in a big pot, layer quartered onions, garlic, crushedred pepper flakes, 2½ bottles of Samuel Adams Summer Ale, and small potatoes.
3. Cut the Portuguese sausage into 1-inch-thick pieces, and cut the hotdogs in half, lengthwise.
4. Add the meat and the cleaned clams to the pot. Add the lobsters and cover tightly. Let cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until done.
5. Layer on a platter, and save the remaining liquid for dipping. Serve with lemon wedges, and pair with a Samuel Adams Summer Ale.